By Marie-Lou Denis
Your natural nails or nude press on nails. You can get those at Sally’s Beauty Supply.
(Editor's Note - For ease of painting try placing removable mounting putty on the back of press-on nails and attach to a surface to paint, then remove and attach to your own nails when finished.)
Decoart Americana acrylic paint:
- DA011 Lemon Yellow
- DA067 Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA240 Cool White
- DA101 Dioxazine Purple
- DA140 Red Violet
- DA302 Purple Pizzazz
- DA233 Wild Orchid
- Princeton Select Short Liner 18/0
- Princeton Select Flat shader #6
- Princeton Select Angular shader ¼”
- Paper palette
- White Makeup sponge
- White nail polish
- Base & Topcoat
- Dotting tool
Start off by washing your hands thoroughly. Then either apply your press-on nails or your base coat nail polish. Let it dry fully and apply 2 coats of your white nail polish.
1. Gradient: For the dark purple use the following mix Dioxazine Purple + Red Violet (1:1)
1.1 Apply your dark purple mix, Purple Pizzazz & Wild Orchid to your makeup sponge with a Flat shader #6.
1.2 Dab it on your nails while doing an up and down motion to blend out the colors. Repeat this until you reach full opacity and the gradient is well blended.
1.3 Apply a quick dry top coat to seal in the gradient.
1.4 Remove the paint on your skin by washing your hands and rubbing gently.
2. Grass: Use the short liner 18/0 to paint the grass with Lamp (Ebony) Black.
3. Moon: Paint a circle for the moon in Cool White with the short liner 18/0.
3.1 Shade with Lemon Yellow and the angular shader ¼”.
4. Haunted house: Paint the haunted house and the tree with Lamp (Ebony) Black and your short liner 18/0.
5. Paint the windows with Lemon Yellow and paint the window bars with Lamp (Ebony) Black doing a cross-like shape with your short liner 18/0.
6. Thumb: Paint a tree, a fence & a bat in Lamp (Ebony) Black with your short liner 18/0.
7. Pointer: Repeat the same steps for the haunted house and paint a bat in Lamp (Ebony) Black with your short liner 18/0.
8. Middle finger: Use Lamp (Ebony) Black to paint a tree and tombstones with crosses on top. Paint a bat too. All with your short liner 18/0.
9. Pinky: As for step #7, paint tombstones. Paint a fence and bats too using Lamp (Ebony) Black with your short liner 18/0.
10. Sky: Paint stars with Lemon Yellow and either your short liner 18/0 or a dotting tool.
Apply your final quick dry top coat, you may need 2 coats. If you accidentally got some nail polish on your skin, use your Loew Cornell Angular brush ¼ dipped in acetone (or nail polish remover) and clean up your cuticles.
I hope you enjoyed painting this spooky night on your nails! You can share it with me on my Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/nailing_painting/ , Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nailingpainting or Twitter: https://twitter.com/NailingPainting
©2020 Nailing Painting