The Spring Delight!
by Sivanvitha Juturu
"I love to paint butterflies and I just added my own touch of painting style to bring this to life. Butterflies cherish the spring."
White Canvas Board 8X10 inch BO7QG9VBVW HOMESTRAP
● 2917 Classic green
● 2912 Daffodil yellow
● 2938 Titanium White
● 2914 Limegreen
● 2957 PureBlack
● 2903 Pure orange
● 2947 Sunflower
● 2900 Cardinal Red
● 2929 Perfect Purple
● 1046320 Prussian Blue
● AS-13-7 Decoart® Matte Sealer/Finish Spray
● Flat Brush 3/4th inch 50603
● Flat Brush 1/2inch 50603
● Liner brush Size 2 1059
● Flat brush Size 4 1059
● FIlbert brush Size 4 1205
● Rigger brush Size0 BRAMBR12
● Any big makeup mop brush
● Paper towels
● Water bin
● Pallet Paper
● Grey Transfer Paper
● Masking Tape
● Initially keep the following colors ready, Classic Green (50%) + Prussian Blue (20%) + Black (30%), Lime Green, Sunflower. Loading the 3/4" flat brush with the following colors randomly, put it on canvas. Using a dry mop brush with a very light touch blend all the colors as shown below.
● Let the background dry and transfer the line drawing as shown below.
● Load the ½" flat brush with Pure Orange and base coat the flower.
● Sideload the ½" flat brush with Pure Orange (50%)+ Burnt Sienna(50%) and add shadows on the bottom side of each petal as shown below.
● Now load the chisel edge of the ½" flat brush with a small amount of Pure Orange and add the shading on each petal.
● Step by step start adding incremental amounts of Daffodil Yellow and add the highlights using a layering technique.
Center of the flower:
● Sideload the ½" flat brush with Pure Orange (50%)+ Burnt Sienna(50%) and add shadows on the bottom side of the center.
● Load the dry liner brush #2 with a small amount of Pure Orange and incremental amounts of Daffodil Yellow. Now dab the top corner of the center with the colors using a layering technique.
● Finally, add Titanium White to the same dirty brush and add the final highlight.
● Load the same dirty brush with Cardinal Red and add some pollen as shown in the figure.
● For the butterfly wings load the flat brush #4 with Orange, Sunflower, Titanium White(50%)+ Cardinal Red (50%) in the places shown in the picture.
● Load flat brush #4 with Black and apply to the black areas. In the narrow areas, we can use rigger brush size 0.
● Load the liner brush #2 with Titanium White and apply the dots on the body and other areas shown in the picture.
● Highlight the wings by loading filbert brush size 2 with small amounts of titanium white to the colors mentioned above.
● Load the dry rigger brush size 0 with Titanium White and highlight the legs.
● For the purple flash around the flower, sideload the 3/4th" flat brush with Perfect Purple (50%) + Titanium White (50%) and brush around the flower.
● The stem is painted with Classic Green and highlighted with Titanium White using a layering technique.
Following the manufacturer's directions seal the surface with several light coats of matte spray varnish, allowing appropriate drying time between coats.
Project & Photos © Sivanvitha Juturu